Group by year of Unix timestamp in MySQL
Question:How to group by year of Unix timestamp in MySQL?
SELECT FROM_UNIXTIME(event_time, '%Y') AS year, COUNT(id) AS total FROM events GROUP BY FROM_UNIXTIME(event_time, '%Y') DESC;
If we want to group records by date in a MySQL table where the value is stored as a Unix timestamp, we can use
FROM_UNIXTIME() function in the
GROUP BY clause.
If we want to group by date only (without time), we can use the corresponding date formatting string as the second parameter.
Share "How to group by year of Unix timestamp in MySQL?"
- Convert Unix timestamp to human readable date in MySQL
- Count total rows by year in MySQL
- Convert INT to DATETIME in MySQL
- Select year from a Unix timestamp in MySQL
- Group by year of Unix timestamp in MySQL
- Get current date in MySQL
- Get current year in MySQL
- Extract year from a date in MySQL
- Get last 30 days records in MySQL
Tags:group, unix timestamp, year, month, date, mysql, group by year on timestamp
Technical term:Group by year of Unix timestamp in MySQL